Our Fall 2014 Family Pictures

Fall Family Photos
Fall Family Photos
Mother/Daughter
Forehead Kiss
Father/Daughter
Mother/Daughter
Fall Family Photos

I'm pretty surprised that we got any nice photos out of this shoot. On a whim, one evening when Reuben got off work early, I decided that we should take some family photos. I quickly did my hair and makeup and picked out clothes for us all. 

We drove out onto Reuben's family's land and found a pretty spot. Just as the light was beginning to fade we managed to set up the tripod and grab some shots. 

I'd like to do a bigger photo shoot with just Reuben and I someday, but I'll probably have to be satisfied with these until next year. Unless I can convince him to do another shoot (which doesn't sound too likely). :)

Do you like to take a family photo each year?



12 comments

  1. Very nice! I can't believe you took them yourself using a tripod. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a few that were out of frame, but I had a remote and took lots of photos. :D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job, you all look great. I like the mood you captured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love shooting at sunset - it's always so pretty. :)

      Delete
  3. These are some fabulous shots, especially since you took them on a tripod! The location and lighting are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sereina! It really helped to have someone (Reuben) stand still so I could focus on the right spot. :)

      Delete
  4. The location is lovely! We have never taken family photos, but then again it's a very unconventional family so far. It's just me, my husband, baby brother (who is actually 21) and my two dogs. I highly doubt anyone would consent to family photos but maybe one day when we have kids! All your pics look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drove around until we found a spot where the light was shining prettily. :) I know what you mean about people consenting to family photos. I think Reuben got more willing once I was pregnant and Helen came. :D :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos! Erica, it would be wonderful if you could do a post on modest clothing and where to buy it online. I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with finding clothes that look nice without being revealing.

    Blessings,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo! I have considered doing a post on modesty. I've always been a bit scared, though. Everyone's opinion on modesty is quite different. I might be brave enough to touch on it someday! :D

      Delete