Helen's "New" Chair

Helen's New Chair
Painted Chair
Helen's new chair

I've been wanting a little chair for Helen ever since she sat in Auntie Judy's rocking chair. Little did I know there was one right in our house! Reuben found a well-used children's chair hiding in our storage room. Immediately I thought of painting it. So I did some research about non-toxic paint and purchased a sample jar online

When my sister Audra and her kids got wind of my plans they wanted in on the process. Much to my delight they offered to sand the chair for me. Then on a windy and sunny afternoon I painted it. It took three coats.

I'm quite pleased with the results. Now I just need to buy/build a little table for Helen. Then I think her happiness would be complete. 


The sample size can was only around $4 or $5 when I purchased it. 




Note: Some links are affiliate. All opinions are my own. I wouldn't share something with you guys if I didn't like it.

2 comments

  1. Love that color. What a striking transformation to behold! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with minty greens at the moment. :D

      Delete