A Cowl for Helen (Free Pattern)

A Cowl For Helen
A Cowl For Helen
A Cowl For Helen
A Cowl For Helen
A Cowl For Helen
Cowl: made by me | Dress: Liberty of London for Target (thrifted) | Sweater: George (hand-me-down)


I had some leftover yarn from my Cowardly Cowl, so I decided to make a matching cowl for Helen. I found a simple cowl pattern to help determine how much to cast on. Then I knitted a seed stitch border and a stockinette middle. 

I wrote up the pattern in case you're interested in making it for yourself:



A Cowl for Helen
based off of the pattern "Kids Cowl"
Ravelry Pattern Page

Materials:
About 60-80 yards of worsted weight yarn (I used Malabrigo Worsted in Pink Frost)
US size 8 (5 mm) 16-inch circular needles
Stitch holder

Seed Stitch:
Row 1: *Knit 1, Purl 1* - repeat to end of row
Row 2: *Purl 1, Knit 1* - repeat to end of row

Stockinette Stitch:
Knit every row


Pattern:
Cast on 72 stitches using the German long tail cast on. Join in the round, being careful not to twist your stitches.

Knit one row.

Work in the seed stitch pattern for 4 rows.

Work in stockinette stitch until the cowl is your desired length (I knitted until it measured 4 inches from the cast on edge).

Work in seed stitch pattern for 4 rows.

Knit one row.

Bind off loosely. Weave in any loose ends.

Enjoy!


1 comment

  1. I love reading your blog Erica Lea! I don't knit or crochet, but I love to garden & bake. Helen is so adorable and has the most beautiful eyes. You're such a good mommy. Enjoy her ~ our 3 boys are already handsome young men. ~ Laurie from California

    ReplyDelete