Our Duluth Trip

Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip
Duluth Trip

We decided that it was high time that we took a trip. The destination was an easy choice: Duluth is only about an hour from where my sister and her hubby live.

We toured the rose gardens, stopped by Whole Foods (a major disappointment, IMO), ate at Culver's (so so yummy), got in some shopping (I drooled over the makeup in Ulta), and went down to the lift bridge (see THIS Vine). For supper we ate at a Japanese restaurant. 

It was a fun trip, but it was pretty stressful with Helen. She decided to go on sleep strike. She wasn't particularly grumpy (until we went to the Japanese restaurant), but just having a kid along makes a trip twice as tiring.

Hopefully we'll be able to go on another adventure sometime...when we forget how much work it is. :P

All photos taken with my iPhone 5S.

Have you been doing any traveling this summer?

6 comments

  1. What did you not like about Whole Foods? I only ask because I was super excited to live within walking distance of one only to find out it was not... it just is not as great as people make it sound. Besides prices being high, they had more convenience foods than I usually use, and for that I would just go to Trader Joe's. Looks like your trip was great though. It's nice to get out of town. I hope to make a Nashville trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was going to have a huge selection of food at great prices. It was just as (or more) expensive as our local health food store, and the variety of products was hardly greater. They did have a good cheese section. :) Nashville sounds so fun!

      Delete
    2. WF does have a great cheese selection, but they are too expensive! If you ever have the opportunity to go to a Trader Joe's, their cheeses are waaaaay cheaper and so so good! Heh, Whole Foods is not nicknamed Whole Paycheck for no reason.

      Delete
    3. I was able to briefly visit a Trader Joe's a while back - they had Kerrygold butter for about half the price of what I can get in our town. If only we had one closer than 4+ hours away!

      Delete
  2. I love it that we're not the only ones who visit grocery stores on our vacations. My mother thinks we're crazy.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete