Knitting Project: Cowardly Cowl

Knitting Project: Cowl
Knitting Project: Cowl
Knitting Project: Cowl

A while back I purchased some yarn to make my sister a hat (I'll be posting about that sometime, hopefully), and I picked up a ball of Malabrigo Worsted to save on shipping. I had intended to make Helen a hat out of it, but she received so many nice hats as gifts that I didn't need to go to the trouble! Thus I had a lovely ball of yarn just begging to be made into something purdy.
I settled on this pattern. It knit up very quickly and I LOVE the stitch pattern. I'm thinking I'll make Helen a cowl out of the leftover yarn.


Here are the details in case you're interested in making it yourself:

Pattern: Cowardly Cowl
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Pink Frost
Needles: Size Eight 16-inch circular needles

The pattern suggested that you knit until the cowl measures 9 inches from the cast on edge. I only knitted until it measured 5 inches until I began the seed-stitch edging. 



What have you been creating/dreaming of creating lately?

7 comments

  1. I'm always very impressed with your knitting! Not only do you choose beautiful colours and patterns, you seem to be very talented at knitting, not having much problems. I more of a beginner so I'm taking baby steps, but you really inspire me! Looking forward to more of your creations!
    All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Gabby! I definitely ran into problems as a beginner as well - I messed up my (little) sister's scarf she was knitting when I tried to knit a few rows. :) Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Love it! What size yarn did you use? What website do you suggest to buy yarn from? I mostly shop at local craft store where selection is limited. Thank you! :) Betsy Yoder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn is a worsted weight. I bought it from Eat.Sleep.Knit. If you want free shipping, you could buy from mryarn.com - it doesn't have as wide of a color selection, but free shipping is hard to beat. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I always love your knitted creations! :) Betsy Y.

      Delete
  3. That coat is adorable! Where did you get it? And I love the cowl. I just got some locally sheared, spun, and dyed yarn that I want to make into this cowl. I have to figure out how to knit on the round, though...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I got the coat at Herberger's a few years ago. It was one of the few that didn't look ridiculous on my narrow shoulders. I think it might have been in the juniors, so that could explain the fit. :) The only annoying thing is that the buttons are always popping off because they were sewn on very poorly.

      I'll bet your yarn is awesome! I'm sure you know this already, but I love to watch YouTube videos to learn new knitting techniques. I like to learn by watching. :)

      Delete