Knitting Project | Ballard Slouch Hat


010
003
002
Ballard Slouch
006
012
Ballard Slouch
Ballard Slouch
Back in November, I purchased the most beautiful skein of yarn with the intent of knitting it into a lovely, slouchy hat. But, feeling guilty about an unfinished knitting project (which also happened to be a birthday present for my sister), I set myself the goal of tackling it before even starting on my hat.
I FINALLY finished that project last week and set to work knitting my hat. It was so quick to knit up and I LOVED working with the yarn.

In case you’re interested in making this hat yourself, here’s some info about the yarn and pattern:
Pattern: Ballard Slouch
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Merino in “Red Mahogany”
Needles: US size 7 and 8
The pattern gave the option to knit 12 extra rows for extra “slouchiness” — I opted to leave those out, and I’m pleased with the results. If I make it again I might try adding the extra rows, just to see what it would look like.
To block the hat, I simply saturated it with cold water, rolled it in a towel to remove excess moisture, and pinned it in a circular shape on the floor. I dislike the ridge that so often accompanies beret hats, so I only let it block for a few minutes, then put it on my head to dry the rest of the way.
I only used about half of a skein of yarn, so I was able to get some fingerless mitts out of it as well. Maybe I’ll show them to you someday.

Now I seem to have been bitten by the knitting bug. I can’t wait to start on my next project!

What sorts of projects have you been working on lately?



4 Responses to Knitting Project | Ballard Slouch Hat

  1. Rebecca Lately 
    I love the color you selected. It’s gorgeous!
  2. Sereina Charise 
    Very nice! The color is really pretty.
  3. Samantha 
    That is beautiful, Erica!
  4. Hannah 
    ADORABLE it looks soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments