24 Weeks



Time for my 24 weeks update!
Weight this week: 124 lb. — up 2 pounds from 4 weeks ago!
Measurements around largest part of my tummy: 33″ – I’ve gained 1½ inches around my middle since last time!
Measurements around smallest part of my waist: 29.5″ — Waaaah! Another half inch up! Oh well.
I had a bit of a spotty week with my exercises, but I’m back on track! Hopefully I’ll be all ready for delivery like the exercise lady claims I’ll be.


In case you’re interested, here’s what I’ve been doing for supplements:
SuperFood Plus tablets for my multivitamin. I don’t believe in synthetic vitamins, so I really wanted something that was made from REAL ingredients.
* Natural Factors Calcium Magnesium Citrate — recommended by the super-smart lady at the healthfood store. The SuperFood doesn’t give me enough calcium, and I want to make sure I’m not deficient.
* Folic Acid tablets from our local healthfood store. I don’t take this every day because there is some in the SuperFood and I get it through my diet, but again, I want to make sure I’m not deficient.
I’m planning on adding cod liver oil in the next few months to make sure I’m getting enough vitamin D in the winter.
I try to drink at least 7-8 cups of water each day. I find it’s really handy to fill up a jug at the beginning of the day and make sure I finish it by the end. As I gain weight, I plan on increasing the amount of water I drink.




And there’s my 20 weeks update.
Have a lovely day!
Erica Lea

7 Responses to 24 Weeks

  1. Caroline @ crackers & carrots 
    Aww, look at you!!! I’ve been so out of the loop having just had my first child 4 months ago. You look stunning!
  2. Diane 
    Erica, you can take folic acid everyday. It is water soluble and you can’t take too much of it. I hope you have a backup plan in case you need a hospital birth. I have three children and all three pregnancies were completely different.
    Best wishes and smooth sailing! God bless.
  3. Elizabeth 
    You look just beautiful. I hope you continue to feel good!!
  4. Sara 
    Congratulations on your coming little one! I just had my first baby on the 18th and he is such a blessing already. Enjoy your pregnant time, because it doesn’t last forever (some people see that as a really good thing!). I had a fairly good pregnancy; I didn’t have any swelling or complications, the worst things were heartburn and leg cramps. Tip: taking extra calcium supplements helps with muscle cramps, as well as exercise and stretching.
    Your tummy pictures are so cute! Keep up with them as best you can, I know I would forget or get distracted and miss weeks.
    I hope you have a lovely pregnancy!
  5. Annie 
    You look beautiful, Erica! Thanks for sharing these updates with us… I’m looking forward to the birth announcement of your sweet little baby. :)
    Many blessings!
  6. Bec 
    Hi Erica, congratulations on your wonderful news!
    I’m a reader of your blog, mom and scientist and just wanted to pass on some info about cod liver oil for pregnant ladies… It’s quite high in vitamin A and recommendations are to avoid supplementing too much with vitamin A during pregnancy. A, D, E and K are fat soluble vitamins, so if you take to much, the body can’t just flush them out. Vitamin A may build up and cause little bubba some trouble. If your health food shop lady disagrees, perhaps ask a second opinion of a health professional?
    Bless you!
  7. Tyisha Huski 
    Muscle cramps are temporary contractions of the muscles and they usually appear during physical effort. The sensation is similar to the one you have when you feel a strong, involuntary tightening of the muscle group that you can’t control any more. There are many causes which bring about cramps, but they happen most often because of insufficient warming up before training. Good and correct warming up has two stages: the general one (cardio), for increasing the body temperature (running, cycling, etc.) and the specific one, during which the main joints and groups of muscles which will be involved in training are warmed up. It is enough not to give, from different reasons (rush, superficiality, ignorance), the necessary time or importance to one of these stages, and cramps can become a current phenomenon.”
    Most up to date write-up produced by our blog

No comments